Week 7 Update.

So the story remains Old Stylin‘… the leagues sole survivor among the ranks of the undefeated… although to get it done they had to first get through a death match with a Gettys Group team that kept coming back over and over to keep the pressure on… Old Stylin’ jumped out quick with 7 in the 1st, but then Gettys got on the board themselves with a 2-run shot in the bottom half of the inning… long story short, of the 14 half innings in this game, goose eggs only went up 3 times, so it was a back and forth affair. Old Stylin’ put a single tally up in the top of the 7th to take a 16-12 lead into the bottom half… but Gettys then scored 2 in the bottom half and had the tying runs on base before the game ended on a deep fly to left… Congratulations to both of these teams for throwin’ down…

Around the rest of the league… The Reservoir Dogz took down 1st place Clune Construction to leap frog into 2nd with a defensive performance that featured 7 outfield put-outs and only one error over 7… Ruder Group improved to 4-1 as well after what appears to be a hard fought 6-3 win over JC Anderson… and speaking of death matches… Dobbins Group narrowly avoided a 3-game losing streak with an 8-7 win over Power Construction… while Cannon Design won by a single tally as well in a 13-12 win over theBuzz.

Looking ahead to next weeks games… I’d have to pull out Dobbins Group @ Old Stylin’ as the game of the week… The much improved Old Stylin’ crew won’t be taking anyone by surprise any longer and the Dobbins Group is surely looking to build upon their new winning streak in an effort to once again ascend the Leaderboard.

A Note On Scorekeeping & Score Reporting

I’d appreciate if all teams could review the Leagues rule #C1 regarding in-game scorekeeping… check scores with opposing Captains every half inning during your games and then confirm the final score at the games conclusion. Each team should have a SINGLE Captain that’s responsible for reporting the score to me NO LATER THAN NOON on the Friday following each game day. Unless you played the Dogz, I need you to report your score… so 14 email replies every Friday morning… and for the record, my email requesting scores typically goes out Thursday night no later than 10 PM… if possible, respond to that email Thursday night… this both gets it out of the way and also gives me a head start on the web update… I thank you all for your cooperation on this.

Ongoing Picture Taking

I’d first like to thank all the teams that have already had their pictures taken and to those that have already replied with their annotations… things are going pretty good considering we’ve had 2 rainouts. I can’t say here in this update which teams are on tap yet for next week… I have to look at the schedule, update the rest of the pictures I took yesterday… and then see where we’re at… so who’s going next week will come out in an email as soon as I know.

All for now… have great weekends.

Post a Comment